• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Rockets Revenge

What should the plot be?

• Team Rocket, Magna, and Aqua have a turf war

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Team Rockets Generals' kid's battle to take their fathers spot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PokemonBroski

I'm Back for Good!
Years
  • Pokemon:Team Rocket Fights Back

Pokemon: Pitch Black
    No longer making hack because my 3 friends quit on me saying they did not have time because school and there is no way this could be a one man project.
    Sorry about that everyone :(

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Did you get permission to continue EarthsVisitor's hack? I'm pretty sure I'm working with him on continuing it.
    Either that, or you'll need to change the name of the thread ;)

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
    Years
  • Yeah, the first thing I thought this was, was the other hack. Also the idea doesn't seem that original to me. And what do Magma and Aqua have to do with Rocket anyway? Or are they up to their own thing which just happens to get in the way of what you're trying to do? I don't mean to shoot you down or anything. But you'll want to come up with something unique to make your game special.

Edit: And that's not to say "don't do Team Rocket". But you'll want to do something in your game that makes you different from the other Team Rocket Hacks.

PokemonBroski

I'm Back for Good!
    Years
  • WHAA

I did not know this was already someone elses hack
    but I guess I'll rename it
    Did not mean to offend anyone
    Sorry

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    I did not know this was already someone elses hack
    but I guess I'll rename it
    Did not mean to offend anyone
    Sorry
    It doesn't offend, it just disappoints us :D
    Next time, so this doesn't happen, google the hack name you want ;)

PokemonBroski

I'm Back for Good!
    Years
  • Yeah, the first thing I thought this was, was the other hack. Also the idea doesn't seem that original to me. And what do Magma and Aqua have to do with Rocket anyway? Or are they up to their own thing which just happens to get in the way of what you're trying to do? I don't mean to shoot you down or anything. But you'll want to come up with something unique to make your game special.

Edit: And that's not to say "don't do Team Rocket". But you'll want to do something in your game that makes you different from the other Team Rocket Hacks.

I'm still working the plot but thats just a rough draft
    I'm improving it as it unravels in my brain
    Hope that clears everything up

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
  • Ah, names, names... I started a thread called Pokémon Violet before discovering that at least two other hacks out there already have the name. Yeesh.

Anyway, interesting concept, but under-developed at best. I like the idea of a game that pits three villain teams against each other. (My general philosophy is "the more Teams, the merrier.") Beyond the concept, though, you'll need a lot more to make this an interesting hack idea. In canon, except for Jessie, James, and Meowth, none of Team Rocket seems to give a care either way about Ash, so I don't know why they'd all be getting revenge on him. Unless you're talking about the main character of the video games? (I usually think of him as Red instead of Ash.) That would make more sense, but still poses some plot problems. When you have, say, the player vs. a huge organization (like in the original games, Red/Ash vs. Team Rocket), there's plenty of playability and it's interesting. However, when you've got the player plus a huge organization vs. a single guy, not only is there not more realism in trying to drag out this rivalry a whole game, but also the player is just one of the masses and not much of an individual.

You'd definitely get more of a plot out of a Rocket-Aqua-Magma rivalry. Still, there isn't much of a reason for Aqua and Magma to be in Kanto. Their goals are, respectively, expanding the seas and expanding the landmass, and the best ways for them to do that is by catching Kyogre and Groudon, neither of which is in Kanto. They don't want to take over the world--or, if they do, they want to take over the world by first controlling its ecology. Why would they come to Kanto and why would their goals conflict with Team Rocket's?

For them to fight, you'll need to find a way for them to come into conflict with each other. For example, maybe the legends people in Hoenn tell about Mew are a little different than those in Kanto, and the people in Hoenn think that Mew has power to change land to water and water to land or something like that; so, Team Rocket might want to catch Mew because of how strong it is, Aqua wants to catch it in hopes that it'll turn land to water for them, and Magma wants it to turn water to land. That's a lame example, but you get the idea.

Anyway, all that aside, kudos to you for trying a Rocket hack, and good luck with it.

PokemonBroski

I'm Back for Good!
    Years
  • Ah, names, names... I started a thread called Pokémon Violet before discovering that at least two other hacks out there already have the name. Yeesh.

Anyway, interesting concept, but under-developed at best. I like the idea of a game that pits three villain teams against each other. (My general philosophy is "the more Teams, the merrier.") Beyond the concept, though, you'll need a lot more to make this an interesting hack idea. In canon, except for Jessie, James, and Meowth, none of Team Rocket seems to give a care either way about Ash, so I don't know why they'd all be getting revenge on him. Unless you're talking about the main character of the video games? (I usually think of him as Red instead of Ash.) That would make more sense, but still poses some plot problems. When you have, say, the player vs. a huge organization (like in the original games, Red/Ash vs. Team Rocket), there's plenty of playability and it's interesting. However, when you've got the player plus a huge organization vs. a single guy, not only is there not more realism in trying to drag out this rivalry a whole game, but also the player is just one of the masses and not much of an individual.

You'd definitely get more of a plot out of a Rocket-Aqua-Magma rivalry. Still, there isn't much of a reason for Aqua and Magma to be in Kanto. Their goals are, respectively, expanding the seas and expanding the landmass, and the best ways for them to do that is by catching Kyogre and Groudon, neither of which is in Kanto. They don't want to take over the world--or, if they do, they want to take over the world by first controlling its ecology. Why would they come to Kanto and why would their goals conflict with Team Rocket's?

For them to fight, you'll need to find a way for them to come into conflict with each other. For example, maybe the legends people in Hoenn tell about Mew are a little different than those in Kanto, and the people in Hoenn think that Mew has power to change land to water and water to land or something like that; so, Team Rocket might want to catch Mew because of how strong it is, Aqua wants to catch it in hopes that it'll turn land to water for them, and Magma wants it to turn water to land. That's a lame example, but you get the idea.

Anyway, all that aside, kudos to you for trying a Rocket hack, and good luck with it.
    I will Definately be keeping this in mind as while I make the game, the plot becomes more sensable
    Right now I'm kind of rough drafting a plot but it will expand as the game grows
    You're opinion and help is always appreciated
    Thanks
    --PokemonBroski

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
    Years
  • And I would be the real Rocket's Revenge owner.
    :]

I was surprised to see, this. I mean, technically I did release the old version for OPEN SOURCE.
    But I see it was just mere coincidence we thought of similar names. :]
    Well Good Luck.

PokemonBroski

I'm Back for Good!
    Years
  • And I would be the real Rocket's Revenge owner.
    :]

I was surprised to see, this. I mean, technically I did release the old version for OPEN SOURCE.
    But I see it was just mere coincidence we thought of similar names. :]
    Well Good Luck.
    Yes
    it is
    but I can almost promise you it won't be anything close to your hack
    similar names but different plots

Back